Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Iconic Catalyst

Yes, I agree, people have made an idol out of Jesus, but most of Christendom has done it in ignorance, not being enlightened to the truth of their being. But spirit opened up an understanding to me of late that I had not quite seen in this way before. He used a friend to point out to me the difference between an idol and an icon.

An idol, I'm sure we all know is something that is worshipped as God or in place of God.

But an Icon is :

*an image of a holy person or
*somebody famous for something,
*or a recognizable symbol: a picture or symbol that is universally recognized to be representative of something.

I can see how Jesus also fits into this last definition for many people because it is the path that I came. Let me try to explain:

Jesus, the icon or the symbol, was a picture for me in the youth of my understanding of what it meant to be a Son of God. Before I truly found my own sonship within, I invested my energy or projected it outside of myself upon the ideal that most moved me or inspired me. And for me that was Jesus Christ who loved me and died for me.

I was a child of six years old when I had my first encounter with Jesus' love. I wept my little heart out because I was so moved by his presence. I continued to live in that awareness or level of understanding until I was 16 years old and was baptized in the Holy Ghost sitting outside the church in the car.That experience began to broaden my horizons in God but I still had not come into seeing that I was what he was fully.....I spent many more years walking in the gifts of the spirit and in all of the light that I had at that time. I never felt condemned or in error, in fact, quite the opposite....I felt loved and blessed of the Lord.

My childish 30-fold understanding developed into a teenage 60-fold understanding and by His grace has been made to see the 100-fold that we are indeed bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh.

So, the icon Jesus was the water that Love used to eventually turn into the wine of my Christ reality. He was my iconic cataylst, my Doorway or window into the divine mystery of transformation.

Now toys we know are for children, but I was one, once, and I needed that toy or tool in my life until such a time that the greater glory of complete union and oneness was opened to me.

Now hopefully, we have put away our childish ways, but I know that spirit brought me that path in order to make me a compassionate priest for those who are ignorant as I once was.

"For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, tha he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins:Who can have compassion on the ignorant (unenlightened), and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity."Heb. 5

So as I see it, God is on assignment here clothing himself in all facets of humanity, every tribe and tongue, every kind of denomination and belief system there is, he has lowered himself into and into what are considered the lower elements of society, as well, to redeem it all. When awakened they stand as saviors to the element that they once were clothed with, emitting vibrations of love and truth that break up those patterns of the old. We are indeed privileged and blessed beyond measure to be part of his plan for all.

No comments: