Monday, February 28, 2011

The Autobiography of Dora Van Assen - Chap 15 (part 2)

RETURN TO BRAZIL


In 1989, the Lord called me to return to South America, however, I was very reluctant to go to Brazil the second time. At age eighty-two, by body was showing signs of weakness, and I wondered how I would make the trip. The first time God called me to go overseas, I had been very eager. The second time God called me I said, I didn't want to go unless He wrote me a letter; He had to put it down in print. But, this time, the Father would have to twist my arm. I went with fear and trembling in my heart. I am learning that even a little bit of fear makes me weaker; my hands are not as efficient; I'm not able to speak. And I am learning that the only way fear will go is to come into that place of perfect love, for perfect love casts out fear and all its torment.


On this trip to Brazil, I traveled with Brother and Sister de Sousa and their daughter, and Brother Bennie Skinner and his wife Dura. When I arrived in Brazil at the airport, I lost my footing and fell on the escalator. Praise, God, He protected me and I didn't get hurt, but after that they put me in a wheelchair and had a porter push me to Customs.


When we arrived at Customs, I realized that I didn't have my passport.  Then, in a flash, I saw myself sitting in the airplane, in seat 17H, and I was looking for something in the bottom of my purse.  I couldn't find it, so I started to take some of the big things out and lay them on the seat.  When I found what I wanted, I put the other things back in my purse, but failed to put my passport back.  So, I spoke to Jessie de Sousa to tell the porter in Portuguese to go back to the airplane, because my passport was on the seat in the plane.  Jessie didn't say anything right away, but but he wore a doubtful expression.  He looked at me seriously and said, "Oh, your passport is long gone."


I said, "No, I see it."  And I did.  I didn't just know it in my heart, but I saw it with my eyes.  And I found that whatever we see, we can have.  So, I insisted.


Brother de Sousa explained to the porter about my passport, and the man rolled his eyes and shook his head, but he went.  When the porter returned from the plane, his face was just like a light, and he had the little folder in his hand.


I knew that all was well!  My passport was right where the Lord showed me it was.  That so blessed and encouraged me, and I haven't been able to forget it.  His power was perfected in my weakness, for He gave me a faith to know that my passport was there just waiting for me.  I always said that God took care of me and He certainly did.


The meetings we attended were just wonderful!  Ministers from many other denominations were gathered on the platform  The Spirit moved in every one of the meetings, and Brother and Sister Skinner ministered a powerful work, preaching that the kingdom of God is within man, and that the kingdom of God would take over all the kingdoms of this world.


When God anoints a special word, that word will have the ability to open up hearts and minds of the people to understand and receive it, and it will deliver them.


On Sunday Brother and Sister Skinner ministered in five different churches, because the people were so eager to hear.  One Baptist charismatic church seated over one thousand people, and it was full.  When I first went to Brazil, there had just been a handful of peopel, but now they had increased to a great multitude.  There is a tremendous awakening in Brazil.


After the convention, Brother and Sister Skinner went to a number of other churches in different cities, while the Lord made a way for me to remain in a home.  We were able to hold meetings every night, and I ministered God's Plan of the Ages, because that is what they desired.  They wanted me to minister with my chart.


To my surprise and delight, one of the young ministers had translated my first book, God's Unfailing Love Revealed In The Cross, into the Portuguese language.  I didn't know anything about it, and here it was already in print.  It was being passed out at the convention.  This minister showed me that he was busy translating another one of my little booklets called The Eighth Day Man.  We are entering into the eighth day, and there will be a whole new creation man.  The little booklet tells of the different phases that man has gone through in order to develop and mature to perfection through the life of the Christ within.  We are coming into a new man who has never walked in the earth before.


After I got home, this dear brother sent me a copy of The Eighth Day Man written in Portuguese.  So, now I have two booklets printed in the Philippine language and two in Portuguese.  I just thank God for it; it is beyond what I ever dreamed!


What a glorious ministry.!  There seems to be no end.  God is more real to me than ever before.  His living presence is around and within me, and I have a clearer understanding of who He is and who I am in my relationship to Him.  He is my Father, and I am His Son.  God is Spirit, and He is Mind and Soul and Will.


I am Spirit, projected out of Spirit, becoming a visible expression by the formation of my body in my mother's womb.  I, Spirit-Mind, spoken out of the Spirit of God, entered into my body while yet in my father's loins as a seed planted in my mother's womb to grow and develop into a body.  I am a son or Spirit-Mind from the invisible Spirit God. I became a living soul in a visible bodily form when God breathed His breath of life into me at my conception.  It takes a spirit and body to make a soul, a personality.  The soul can be lost, but never the Spirit-Mind that came out of God.  The outer man perishes, but the inner man is renewed day-by-day.


Like Jesus, we have not remained in the invisible.  He descended and walked as a man, so He might be able to help us.  But, now we are the Sons of God, given to the world as His ambassadors, standing in Christ's stead.  God is beseeching man through us to be reconciled unto Himself.


Beloved, remember who you are.  All came out of God, and all are returning to God; Romans 11:36.  The whole human race is the offspring or Sons of God.  God completes His divine circulation, the divine circle is never broken from God in Himself to God all in all.


May God bless you in Jesus name,


Dora Van Assen


["This book is not written to glorify Sister Van Assen but to reveal the word spoken to her, "It is not you life story; it is My life story spoken through you."]

No comments: