Friday, December 07, 2007

The Planetary Birth Experience

The Revelation-Our Crisis is a Birth---by Barbara Marx Hubbard

Barbara is a world-renowned futurist, speaker, citizen diplomat, social architect and prophetic politician. Her name was placed in nomination for the vice presidency of the United States on the democratic ticket in 1984. A founder of the Foundation for the Conscious Evolution, she is a leader at the frontier of social and spiritual change.

Prologue: There are many of us scattered across the face of the Earth with a mysterious sense of the future. We are a future-oriented family of humanity who sense within ourselves the birth of the Universal Human. This book serves as a stimulator of our memory of the future. It is a call for this transcendent community-founders of a New Order of the Future - to gather and to support each other in fulfilling our destiny at this critical juncture in history.

Our mission is to serve as catalysts for a planetary awakening in our lifetime.

This book, and the larger Book of Co-Creation from which it comes, was inspired in 1980 by my direct experience of Christ. I was a futuritst, public speaker and social innovator. I had studied the awesome story of creation, from the origin of the universe to us becoming conscious of evolution and responsible for guiding it on this planet. I had sensed that the human race was going through a "birth" to the next stage of evolution. I knew we were at the threshhold of a quantum jump through the activation of our collective capacities.

I had not, however, seen the relationship between our future and the life of Jesus. Then, quite unexpectedly, in a series of deep, personal encounters, I expeienced the Christ as a living Presence guiding us through the great transition of universal life. He seemed to me to be our potential self, the Universal Human that we are to become. I was drawn to the New Testament, which inspired me to write a 1,500 page manuscript. In the Christ voice it calls to us in a tone of infinite compassion:

"You, all of you who are desirous and ready, are the Way. Be a beacon of light unto yourselves. This tiny band, this brave congregation of souls attracted to the future of the world are my avant garde- the New Order of the Future.

These self-selected souls who have come to Earth to carry the miracle of the resurrection into action as the transformation of humanity from Homo sapiens to Homo universallis.

I call upon Homo universalis, those in whom the flame of expectation burns high to set the double task of self-transformation and the activation of the world's capacity to achieve the goal of its history.

You are to become natural Christs. You are to communicate to the world its potential to restore the earth, free the people, and impregnate the universe with new life. You are to participate in the Instant of Co-operation, the Planetary Birth, the Second Coming."

(My comments: Barbara was born to Jewish agnostic parents. Her father was a wealthy toy manufacturer which brought her into contact with what most of us would call the upper class of society. But her main quest in life was always to find truth. She studied philosopy, studied abroad and what have you, but ended up married with five children, still looking for answers)

THE PLANTEARY BIRTH EXPERIENCE

On a fateful afternoon in February 1966, I was taking my usual daily walk. I had been reading Reinhold Neibuhr on the subject of commmunity. He had quoted St. paul's famous statement: "For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body, so also is Christ." As I contemplated that idea, I felt a deep frustration.

The eary Christians had a story to tell: a child was born...Everyone could understand this story. Unexpectedly a new question burst forth in my mind, I spoke it out loud. Lifting my voice to the ice-white sky, I demanded to know: What is OUR story? What in our age is comparable to the birth of Christ."

I knew it must be one story for all humankind, for we are all members of one planetary body. I lapsed into a daydreamlike state, walking on the path around the top of the hill, in deep concentration and receptivity. My thoughts quieted down. I was poised from within, to catch the slightest revelation.

Suddenly my mind's eye penetrated beyond the blue cocoon of Earth, lifting me up into the utter blackness of outer space. From there I witnessed the entire sweep of Earth's histroy, as though I were viewing a technicolor movie. I witnessed the Earth as a living body, just as the astronauts did. It was alive! Then I experienced a kinesthetic imprint of the planetary organism. I felt myself to be a cell in that body. Earth was gasping for breath, struggling to coordinate itself as a whole. The pain of its whole body was being communicated through the mass media, the nervous system of the world. I felt everybody's pain as my own.. for we are one body.

THE PLANETARY SMILE

The movie sped up. I saw something new. As slash of extraordinary light more radiant than the sun surrounded the planet. Instantly, all of us were attracted to the light. We forgot our pain, and at that moment of shared attention, empathy began to course through our planetary body. Wave upon wave of love flowed through all people. A magnetic field of love aligned us. We were caressed, uplifted in this field of light. We felt our inner light rising. Mass healings occurred. People flooded out of their houses, offices, and buildings, meeting each other in ever-growing gatherinigs, embracing, loving one another. It was like a thousand Berlin Walls coming down at once---all over the world.

A beat began to pulse through the planet. The air cleared, the water purified. Food coursed through the whole system reaching all of our members. The mass media throbbed with light carrying stories of our transformations while itself being transformed in the process.

Rockets rose majestically, carrying the seed of Earth life into the universe. The earth coordinated herself as one body.

With each wave of harmony, the glowing light that surrounded us intensified. We were coordinated by invisible design. The light became brighter, and seemed to fuse with the light that is within us. Each of us was a point of light growing brighter as we joined with other points of light. As we connected on Earth, millions of distant points of lifelike light also appeared in the surrounding universe. As as we harmonized, they became even more visible, and were drawn to us...life to life, light to light. We were attracting beings comparable to ourselves.

I heard a tone, a vibration that oriented us in one directioon. The entire human race was magnetized by that sound. The animal kingdom was gentled. The lion did lay down with the lamb. The glowing light around our planet seemed to be intelligent, loving, familar. It was about to speak with us directly. We were straining to understand, yet were too immature to fully recognize the meaning of the sound.

Then I heard the inner words clearly:

OUR STORY IS A BIRTH. IT IS THE BIRTH OF HUMANKIND AS ONE BODY. WHAT CHRIST AND ALL GREAT BEINGS CAME TO EARTH TO REVEAL IS TRUE. WE ARE ONE BODY, BORN INTO THIS UNIVERSE. GO TELL THE STORY OF OUR BIRTH....BARBARA!

My vocation! To tell the story of our birth! My prayers had been answered. I had found my path, I knew why I was alive. The search for the cause had been found. "Oh, thank God, thank God, thank God. Our story is a birth.!"

In response to those words, which had seemed to come from deep within the universe, billions of us opened our collecive eyes and smiled. IT WAS A PLANETARY SMILE- like the first smile of a newborn baby, when her nervous system links up and, seeing her mother, her tiny face relaxes into an amazing, radiant smile. Somehow she knows her Mother,even though she has never seen a human being. And just as that baby knows her mother, humankind knows the light. Even if we have never seen it clearly, each of us has, in a secret place in each of our hearts, experienced the light that has been seen by all mystics. Now, for the first time we were seeing it together. Ecstatic joy rippled through the planetary body...and through me as one of its billions of members.

I saw that it was true. We are being born. Our defense systems, our economies, our communication systems, our cultures are all linking, despite our difference. We are going to be one body, whether we like ourselves on not! The same process that joined atom to atom, molecule to molecule and cell to cell, is now joining us. We are the generation born when the whole planetary body is being born.

The world crisis suddenly made sense. our condition is dangerous but natural. Of course we must stop our unrestrained growth in the womb of Earth; we must handle our toxic wastes; shift to renewable energies; restore our Mother and begin to explore the universe beyond our home. We simply have to grow up! We have never seen another planet go through the birth process. Maybe we're normal! "Behold, I show you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, by we shall all be changed." Omega! THE PLANETARY BIRTH IS A REAL EVENT IN COSMIC TIME.

No comments: