Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Ministry of Melchizedek

Barbara, I too was involved in a similar type ministry in past years as you mentioned - ministering to nations and conditions all around the world from the realm of spirit. I felt it began to get off track by focusing on the negative instead of ministering to the Christ in all men....so spirit moved me out and on once again. So many times we think that we have had our one time coming out experience when we left organized religion, but I have found there to be a continual coming out and moving on experience as we progress down the path of light.

Which leads me to what I wanted to share about the Melchizedek ministry. I know that this is not new information for so many of you, but just represents my need to deliver my own soul as I talk to Myself.

Ezekiel chapter 44 gives us a definition of two kinds of ministry that I believe are examples that will be seen in this Day of the Lord. One is the Melchizedek order of priesthood ministry who are allowed to minister unto the Lord in their linen garments and then the priesthood who is only allowed to minister in the outer court for they did not qualify for the highcalling of God because they chose the ways of flesh.

Now in Ezekiel these faithful priests were the sons of Zadok - Melchi-zadok priests.

Quote:
"Here is a good example, by the way, of how the Hebrew word olam means a time whose length is “concealed,” or an indefinite period of time, rather than “forever.” God had given his ancestor Phinehas “ an everlasting priesthood ” (Num. 25:13). If that word had literally meant “everlasting” in the modern sense, then God would have broken His word by removing it from the family of Phinehas and giving it to Zadok in 1 Kings 2:27, 35. (Abiathar was the last high priest of the lineage of Phinehas.)

The transfer of calling from the dynasty of Phinehas to the dynasty of Zadok in the reign of Solomon was a type and shadow of the greater transfer from the Levitical priesthood to that of Melchizedek (Melchi-Zadok). That priesthood was actually older than Levi, for it represented all true believers from the beginning. Shem was the Melchizedek priest in Abraham's day (Gen. 14:18), and David himself was called to the same priesthood (Psalm 110:4). Finally, Jesus was called according to that Order as High Priest (Heb. 5:5, 6)."

"But the priest of the Levites, the sons of Zadok, who kept the charge of My sanctuary when the children of Israel went astray from Me, shall come near to Me to minister to me and they shall attend Me to offer to Me the fat and the blood.

They shall enter into My sanctuary, and they shall come near to My table to minister to Me, and they shall keep my charge.

When they enter the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed in linen garments; no wool shall be on them while they minister at the gates of the inner court and within the temple."

One of the things that I glean from this is that this higher order of ministry is always to the Christ, not just the God that is seen as out there somewhere, but this is a ministry unto the Christ in all men.....not fighting the darkness that may manifest in them, but helping to turn on the light.

I remember so vividly sitting in the movie theater watching "Dead Man Walking" when Susan Sarandon, who was playing the part of the nun who ministerd to men on death row, said to Sean Penn, who was playing the the young man on death row who had participated in the rape and murder of two young people, "You are a son of God". She was redirecting his focus to his true identity and he said "No one ever called me that before." I began to see the bigger picture in this movie as the condition of all men who have lost their true identity in this world and are living on death row, so to speak, whether their lives were misspent in evil as this young man or even in good works as with others.

Before he was strapped to the execution table she told him to keep his eyes on her and the love that would be there.....well I just about lost it in that movie...I could have sobbed out loud....and I was not the only one...there were all kinds of people around me sniffling quietly. Now maybe most of them were caught up in the story line for it was compelling, but for me it represented what the Melchizedek ministry is all about. It a ministry unto the Lord....unto the Lord living in all creation.

Now did this nun's ministry to this young man excuse his ungodly actions...no, in fact, it helped him to realize how profane they were and to repent. Love does convict us first, for to stand in the presence of overwhelming Love creates a stark contrast of just where we have been living and where we want to really be. And thank God for those clean linen garments of righteousness that are provided so lovingly to us.

No comments: