Saturday, November 27, 2010

Truth, the Non-transferable Ticket

"Truth is a non-transferable ticket which only bears one name."

I asked myself one time how much truth did I KNOW by experience and how much was second hand....or passed down revelations of another. The answer was a rather scary one to face. It made me to understand a little clearer the cry of Paul's heart, "That I may know Him (experientially)."

Revelation has been a wonderful thing to us, for it has expanded our visional horizons, but, revelation is only the image of a truth. It is like the label on the bottle that says w-a-t-e-r. You can't drink the label.....it is what is in the bottle that we want to experience.

I was so thrilled with this word when I was first hearing it. I walked in the thrill of it for some time. It even caused me flee Babylon's walls. I lived on each new tape and new piece of literature I could get hold of at that time, but as all thrills go, they soon fade and like the maiden in Song of Solomon she cannot be satisfied to just talk about the beauty of her lover, the altogether lovely one, the chief among ten thousand to her soul.....she must find him, she must be with him so they may consumate their love, "Make haste, my beloved, and come quickly, like a gazelle or a young hart [take me to our waiting home] upon the mountain of spices! SoS 8:14. AMP

I am finding deeper and deeper longings in me to experience my truth, my God, and my godself, are you not?

Our Beloved Draws Us
Karen

No comments: