Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Transfiguration Receipe

I feel that Peter was a necessary ingredient in the transfiguration receipe. Let me try to explain my take:

The twelve disciples can also be seen as aspects of the spirit....Peter being faith, James being hope and John being Love.

Jesus knew that these three "attributes" were foundational elements or key ingredients for manifesting the fullness of the spirit, that is why he chose these three I think...not because they were necessarily favored above the others.

1. Justified by FAITH
2. Sanctified through HOPE (Christ in you, the HOPE of glory)
3. Matured in LOVE (The Glory)

I guess another reason that I think that Peter was part of this experience of seeing Jesus turn himself inside out, was when he later writes of this experience:

“2Pe 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.”


Peter is trying to make known to his listeners that, “ this is no fable, guys, this is the COMING OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST, I was there, I am a personal eyewitness of the event of the coming of the Lord INTO FLESH. And it was majestic!!!

With love,
Karen

No comments: